Friday, February 5, 2010

See What I Mean?


So it’s twenty ten. Another year is out of the shoot and before you know it, if you haven’t already, you’ll be having another Birthday sometime this year (Hopefully). Not really a Birthday, but the celebration of a day in ancient history on which you were born.


I’ve noticed some changes as the journey of life gets a bit longer. I’ve noticed I’m having a harder time reading the fine print, especially in dim light or early in the morning which actually occurs at the same time, especially in winter.

I’ve always known people that use “Reading” glasses and it’s kind of always been in my consciousness that at some point I would need them also. So from time to time I’ve picked up a pair in the drug store and tried them on to see how they are. They seem bit tricky to get used to and I’ve also noticed that there are a lot of stylish “dime store” frames for women, but only one style for men, “UGLY”. I guess they figure we don’t care. Why don’t they realize that while we may not care the women in our life probably do. And for that reason we would be more likely to embrace our four eyed self if the peepers made us look cool, or dashing, or hip.

As the day that I will need my own pair draws closer I’ve noticed something else that’s a bit disconcerting. I don’t just need reading glasses, I need ironing clothes glasses too because I can’t see what setting the iron is on. And evidently I will also need “working under the kitchen sink” glasses because I can’t get far enough away from the pipe to see what the heck I’m doing. And then there’s the “taking cold medicine in the middle of the night” glasses. Definitely going to need a pair of those also and a special set to see which way the charger plug goes into my cell phone.

So I went to the dentist the other day only to find out my gums were receding. Come to find out I’d been brushing my teeth with Preparation “H” instead of Peppermint Paste. Honey, have you seen my “teeth brushing” glasses?

No comments:

Post a Comment