Tuesday, May 25, 2010

PPPaddle

(Bransen Reynolds, Ashkan Motamedei, Chase Reynolds, Hayden Reynolds, Steve Osterberg)


“A little less talk and a lot more action” is a line from a well known country song. Translated, paraphrased and thematically altered to produce a healthier lifestyle I’ve been trying to live by the axiom, “Eat less, Move more”. With this in mind I began thinking about the glory of doing all six stages of the Pole Peddle Paddle race in Bend, Oregon. About a mile into the five mile run that makes up one of six legs of the PPP I began to realize just how limiting it is to train in the ultra flat Central Valley where an overpass doubles as a hill for those who are trying to train. Suddenly surviving the five mile uphill both ways run was monumental.


None the less, through perseverance we conquer. By conquer I mean we finish that which we started.

Chase, my oldest of four boys, along with a two friends managed to place second in their age group, for which they were duly rewarded with custom coffee mugs. The coffee mugs were taken with them to every restaurant they visited, to which they were greeted with shouts of “Good job DUDES!!!” A just reward for skiing, biking, running, and paddling their lungs out.

Now I turn my attention to Eppies Great Race, a no swim triathlon, where in lieu of swimming you get to paddle six miles.

Thanks for humoring me while I brag a little and try to keep the pressure on myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment